Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Red Door Part Four.




I straighten out the faded blue dress as Gregory pulls up the brown coat-jacket.
I open the door with a short tug, I squirm a bit as I pass my room, I can hear the faint clicking of a typewriter, I exchange looks with my brother who is beside me. I start going downstairs, But look back at the red door. “We should go back” I whisper. Gregory nods, we go back inside the room and shut the red door. I open it again, salty air hits my lungs and an ocean spray soils my dress, “Gregory!” I shout flailing out of the room onto a ship deck. A captain with no eye and no leg chuckles down at me
 “Get away from my sister!”
I look back and see my brother holding a knife. Thank God mom told him he can have his  knife back.
I stumble back to my feet and run back inside. Gregory shuts the door. “How do we get home?”  I pick up the box with pictures and see a ship at sea. I look through all the pictures and find nothing that would bring us home. “Gregor, did you take a picture of our house yet with your phone?” I ask. He nods handing it over. I hold the phone and find a picture of our home. Gregory opens the door; I can hear the footsteps of our mother approaching. “We should go down”
“Should we tell them about this weird door?”
“Nah, but we should do this again”
“Sounds like a plan”
“Now let’s have some Dinner”.

 So that’s the story, we went into other places and different worlds through the faded Red Door. We are still trying to figure out this mystery. 



Thanks for reading!
I'm thinking of writing more to it, more adventures in-depth with them and The Red Door

I'll give an update if I win anything or if I am an Honorable mention

Sincerely,
A.C. Garbarino

1 comment:

  1. That was a cute and sort-of funny story. I liked it!

    ReplyDelete