Monday, January 6, 2014

The Red Door Part Three (Of Four Parts)


I stare at the box; I've been doing this for hours. Gregory stands across the room searching for a key. I tried opening it, it didn't budge.
“Can’t you just lock pick it?” He says sighing.
“Does it look like I’m an expert?” I say pulling a few bobby-pins from my hair, I kneel next to it
Pushing the pins into the lock, I twist and turn digging it deeper into the metal. After a minute a small “Click” sounds. I place my hands on both corners looking back at my brother, he gives a nod. I open it, a small pile of old clothes sits dusty, a stack of books, a pair of old work shoes and another box without a lock. I open the box, old pictures are inside, I pick up the first one, a young girl about my age sits in a chair, a young man about my brother’s age stands above her.
I look closer… they look familiar; I look to my brother then to the picture then back again.
“Gregory…its…this will sound crazy but, it’s us.”


Gregory snatches the photo from my hands looking at it. I look back inside the large box, I move some things around and find a journal, every page is written in. “Winnie, what’s going on? What does this mean?”
I look to my brother, his face weaved with confusion.  “Who are we really?” he asks
“Winifred! Gregory! Dinners ready!” Mom calls, her voice is cut off. I run to the door opening it, the hall is different, my room door is closed and newly painted. “Katherine! James! Supper is ready!” A man’s voice calls. I gasp closing the door “Gregory… I- I think we just went back in time” I utter. “Or maybe to, our real lives”.
I pick up the clothes that would fit me and my brother “I have an Idea”.



Click below for:
Part Four Of The Red Door


By the way, I entered the story to the website, now I have to wait!!

Sincerely,
A.C. Garbarino


No comments:

Post a Comment