Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Plus, The Red Door Part 2 (of four parts)

Hello! Hope you've had a good last year, and wish you all a wonderful one ahead!

To kick off the New Year, I decided to give you Part 2 for The Red Door
Short story!


The Red Door 
(Part 2)


I open the door, a simple room sits empty, the bleak walls and flooring grey, like an old pale moon. In the middle sits a large box, layers upon layers of dust sits atop it. I walk towards it hesitantly; my fingers graze the old cherry wood, engravings of forest scenes. “Gregory!” I shout pulling my hazel hair back nervously.
 I hear my brother’s feet approaching. He pokes his head in “What is it Winnie-The-Pooh?” he asks stepping inside glancing at the box. (I hate the pet name he gave me)
 “What is that?” he says mouth agape. “I don’t know genius” I reply standing up crossing my arms. Gregory carefully approaches it as if it was dangerous.
“Seriously, Gregory it’s a stupid box!”
“Winnie… do you have any clue what this is?”
“No, why should I…and why should you?”
“This is from my dream… a few nights ago…Winnie listen to me!” he yells
I snap out of a trance “What” I growl
“Open it”.

Thanks for reading and have a great rest of the day!

Sincerely,
A.C. Garbarino.

(Part three will be coming out next Tuesday the seventh)

1 comment:

  1. I am reading your story,and I love the pictures from your very cute room. Happy New Year sweetie...blessings

    ReplyDelete